Memorise: They that sow in tears shall reap in Joy. Psalm 126:5
Read: Psalm 126:5-6
5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
Bible in one year: Genesis 27, Isaiah 47:14-48:11
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. More often than not, we associate sowing with giving of money. For this reason, some people who do not have money believe they do not have anything to sow. This is far from the truth!
2. If you do not have money, you can sow your time or talents into the work of the kingdom. Be it through praying, using your natural talents or your acquired skills/training, there is no one who has nothing to sow. Even if all you can do is smile, you can apply this is making new comers to church feel welcome. If you are a dramatic person, use it for the propagation of the gospel.
3. Everyone has something to sow; all you need to do is to identify what you have. Romans 12:6-8 says, “Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, or exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.”
4. When you sow a seed in tears, you will reap its yield in joy.
5. Moreover, what you reap will be determined by what you have sown.
6. You can sow towards the salvation of a loved one, telling God that he or she must not go to hell. To this end, you can sow prayers, fasting and witnessing to the fellow. The day such a soul eventually becomes saved; you will definitely reap the joy of heaven (Luke 15:7).
7. I cannot forget the wife of one of my friends; I was his best man at their wedding. My friend’s wife would say to me, “Please give your life to Christ and be born again.” But I would tell her “I am already a Christian, and my Christian name is Enoch.” She would reply, “That is not what I am taking about”, and then she would begin to cry. I would look at her and wonder what was wrong with her, saying “I am not the worst fellow around; at least you can ask your husband. He knows I am a good person. “However, she kept on praying and crying, sowing in tears for my salvation. Today, she is now laughing.
8. When last did you sow towards the salvation of a loved one – family or friend?
9. Some of us attempt to preach to such a fellow once or twice, but after being rebuffed, we say “I have done my best; if you like, refuse to repent. Your blood can no longer be required from my hands.” Yes, you have made attempts, but you have not yet done your best.
10. You have to keep at it, and in Jesus’ Name, you will reap in joy.
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
What a great revelation today’s devotional is! Some of us believers knows what it is to sow in money, time, service and talent. Infact, some are engaged in seed sowing in various ways but not aware of the salvation seed. Others who are aware backs off too quick than required. It is not enough that we sow a seed. We are required to water and weed the field continously until we have a bountiful harvest. It is true that when we talk to someone about Christ we have sown a seed and the Holyspirit keeps at bringing that message back to the unsaved. But we as the sower have to keep watering on our knees. Also the size of the seed does not matter as much as the sincerity in the heart of the one sowing. Luke 21:1-4 “And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites. So He said, “Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all; for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God,[a] but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had.” As we sow in various ways the Lord will uphold us that we may water until we reap in Joy in Jesus name. May God continually increase Pastor E.A Adeboye on every side. He’s indeed a blessing to us.
The salvation of some people requires great sacrifice. Ask God for the grace to pay the required price of the salvation of all your loved ones.
1 Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in endless praise,
let them flow in endless praise.
2 Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee,
swift and beautiful for thee.
3 Take my voice and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from thee,
filled with messages from thee.
4 Take my silver and my gold;
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as thou shalt choose,
every power as thou shalt choose.
5 Take my will and make it thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is thine own;
it shall be thy royal throne,
it shall be thy royal throne.
6 Take my love; my Lord, I pour
at thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for thee,
ever, only, all for thee.