Memorise: The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7
Read: 2nd Corinthians 8:7-9
7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.
8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
Bible in one year: Hebrews 5-8, Hosea 3-4
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. It is the ultimate desire of our Father to see that we all blessed.
2. He wants all His children to dwell in His blessings (Psalms 92:13-14).
3. It is not His desire that our lives should be at the mercy of unbelievers.
4. The more wealth the Lord empowers us with, the more His Kingdom on earth should increase.
5. Don’t believe those who tell you that as a child of God, you are not supposed to be wealthy. This is a false doctrine!
6. It is written in God’s word that you are to lend to nations and not borrow (Deuteronomy 15:6).
7. It is also recorded in God’s word that the blessings of the Lord make rich and add no sorrow (Proverbs 10:22).
8. Furthermore, God says in His word that He wishes above all things that you prosper and be in good health (3rd John 1:2).
9. God has the key to all things, including all the wealth of this world. Psalm 24:1 says, “The earth is the LORD’S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.”
10. Although God’s word contains all these truths about wealth, as long as believers doubt their efficacy, they will never be able to access God’s wealth.
11. Before you can take possession of God’s wealth, you need to have certain keys that will separate you from poverty and bring you to a realm of unprecedented riches in God.
12. If the Almighty God gives you the power to get wealth, everything you touch automatically turns to riches.
13. You need to acknowledge the fact that true and enduring wealth only comes from God. Deuteronomy 8:18 says, “But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto they fathers, as it is this day.”
14. Experiencing true riches is not about millions coming into your account.
15. There are people who have experienced this several times, without the grace to retain such riches.
16. God wants to bless you and also give you the power to retain His blessings. The type of riches that comes without any element of sorrow in it is what God desires for you and your children’s children.
17. God is against wealth obtained through sin. It doesn’t matter how much you contribute to the work of God, if your money is not earned legitimately, you are placing a curse on yourself, and your contributions to kingdom projects will not deliver you from God’s judgement (Proverbs 21:27).
18. If God’s children would fear and obey His principles for wealth creation, poverty will become a thing of the past in their lives.
19. You have to hate poverty because a poor man will always live another man’s life.
20. If you seek the righteousness of God, all other things will be added to you.
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
There are guidelines for Christian living such that if followed strictly, it is a victorious life. Our father in heaven is all sufficient, He is loving and caring father who has a good plan for His children. The key to it is obey Him. His promise is true and He won’t fail “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:” Deuteronomy 28:1 We are daily refreshed as we study the Open Heavens devotional. May God continually uphold and strengthen Pastor E.A Adeboye in Jesus name.
Father, separate me from all forms of ungodly riches and poverty.
There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!