Memorise: But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5
Read: Isaiah 53:3-5
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Bible in one year: Judges 20, Jeremiah 52:12-23
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. In life, what you tolerate goes a long way to determine what you go through, and how you go through situations and circumstances.
2. While God expects us to be tolerant of the weaknesses, character defects and inadequacies of our fellow human beings, He does not expect us to be tolerant of the devil and his tokens. For this reason, in 1st Peter 5:9, we are commanded to steadfastly resist the devil and his antics. In fact, we are even permitted to be violent in our approach towards effectively resisting the devil (Matthew 11:12).
3. Whatever you allow in your life, stays, multiplies and may even dominate your life! Never allow anything evil to come into your life or to continue to hibernate in your life.
4. One of the tokens of the liar that you must not allow is sickness. You should not tolerate sickness because it hinders you from effectively serving God.
5. Sickness hinders and makes one an ineffective witness of Jesus Christ. If you go out to preach about Christ and His power and you are sick, some people will challenge your message, saying that the power you attribute to Jesus should first be seen in your life before they can believe.
6. In addition, sickness hinders how we praise God. Isaiah 38:18-19 says only the living can praise God and not those in the grave. It is not easy to praise God when your body is going through severe pain. Isaiah 53:5 says, “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
7. Jesus has already paid the price of our healing, and so when a believer remains sick, it means that the suffering of Christ over that person is being wasted.
8. Are you sick? You cannot afford to remain sick. Receive your healing now in Jesus’ Name! Mark 9:23 says if only you believe, your healing can be delivered to you. This means that your faith is being challenged whenever you are sick.
9. Do you have enough faith to appropriate the sufferings of Christ over your situation in order to be healed?
10. Beyond this, God gave me a revelation that sickness does not only challenge our faith, it also challenges our Lord Jesus Christ. Since He is the Author and Finisher of our faith, when sickness challenges our faith, then it is the Author and Finisher of our faith that is also being challenged (Hebrews 12:2).
11. This season, your healing will suddenly manifest and you will see the tokens of sickness no more.
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
One of the reasons why Jesus paid the price for you to have a sound and perfect health on the cross is for you not to be limited or restricted by any form while serving Him. God expects you to live a sickness free life to be able to glorify Him with every part of your body. This bible says ” “For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” I Corinthians 6:20. This verse confirms the truth that He paid the price for your healthy living just to be able to glorify Him. By the power in the blood, we are free from every affliction. God bless Pastor E.A Adeboye for blessing us with the word of God daily in Jesus name
Father, since You have already paid the price for my healing, I receive all-round healing today in Jesus’ Name.
The great Physician now is near,
The sympathizing Jesus;
He speaks the drooping heart to cheer,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus.
Sweetest note in seraph song,
Sweetest name on mortal tongue;
Sweetest carol ever sung,
Jesus, blessed Jesus.
Your many sins are all forgiv’n,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus;
Go on your way in peace to heav’n,
And wear a crown with Jesus.
All glory to the dying Lamb!
I now believe in Jesus;
I love the blessed Savior’s name,
I love the name of Jesus.
His name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
Oh, how my soul delights to hear
The charming name of Jesus.