Memorise: For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Read: Psalm 51:1-4
1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Bible in one year: 1st Kings 1, Ezekiel 15:1-16:5
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. As believers, although we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, we are still capable of making mistakes, because of the nature of the body our spirit man still inhabits.
2. Until we shed this body and put on the glorious body of the resurrected Christ, we will still be prone to mistakes and error (1st Corinthians 15:42-44, 1st Corinthians 15:52-54). Hence, we need to be more prayerful and careful in all our dealings (Matthew 26:41).
3. To reach your God-given goal, you must avoid mistakes. You must avoid falling too. If you however fall, you can humbly and sorrowfully admit your mistake. After David fell into the sin of adultery and murder, he said, “For I acknowledge my transgression: and my sin is ever before me.” Psalm 51:3
4. If you sin, admit that you have sinned. 2nd Corinthians 7:9-10 says godly sorrow leads you to repentance.
5. Those who are close to me can testify to the fact that whenever something goes wrong with whatever I’m working on, the first question I ask my-self is, “Where have I gone wrong?”
6. You cannot make progress if you keep passing the buck or shifting blame. It is easy to make excuses.
7. The lazy and the proud will look for every reason to justify their weaknesses or failure. When you acknowledge and confess your weaknesses to God, you trigger a release of God’s power to enable you live above them. 2nd Corinthians 12:9 says, “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
8. In the parable of the talents, the man with five talents never gave any excuse for why he should not succeed; hence, he was able to double his talents (Matthew 25:14-30). The man with two talents equally made no room for excuses, and so, he too doubled his talents. The man with one talent however came up with excuses for non-performance.
9. If you are always quick to explain away your failures, it is because you are too proud to admit your mistakes.
10. Who does not make mistakes? When you err, admit your wrong doing.
11. Studying mathematics taught me that I can be wrong.
12. Many people find it difficult to accept that they are wrong. If you try to prove to them that they are wrong, they will do everything possible to wriggle out of it.
13. Explaining away your wrong-doing does not make you any less guilty.
14. Have you made any mistake? Sorrowfully admit your error and ask for forgiveness.
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
ome believers think it is wise to give excuse for their mistake to cover up. Some other think waving or ignoring the mistake is smart. Admitting the mistake, repentance and making amends is far better as we have seen in today’s devotional. May God help us in Jesus name. God bless Pastor E.A Adeboye and equip him with greater wisdom and knowledge in Jesus name.
Admitting your mistake is not a sign of weakness like many think. Rather, it is a manifestation of strength of character.
Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.