Memorise: For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5
Read: Job 1:13-19
13 And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother’s house:
14 And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them:
15 And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
17 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
18 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother’s house:
19 And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
12 So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.
Bible in one year: 1st Timothy 3-6, Daniel 11:36-45
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. If you will ever achieve anything tangible in life, you need faith that hinges on God and that believes in possibilities.
2. If our God could frame the universe through His word, then there is no situation or circumstances beyond His control (Hebrews 11:3).
3. There is no situation in your life that He cannot reverse. He can bring hope to your life irrespective of the long-standing problems in it. In John 5:1-8, we see the story of a man at the pool of Bethesda, who had been in the same sad condition for 38 years. He claimed that the reason why he had not been made whole was because he had no man to assist him; but by the time the Lord Jesus came to the scene, his problems ceased without the help of any man.
4. Irrespective of the many years of rejection you have suffered, the Almighty God is attending to your situation right now in Jesus’ Name.
5. There are families that have lost so many things. They have been through all sorts of problems.
6. In Genesis 18:1-10, we have the account of Abraham and Sarah, who had waited several years for the fulfilment of God’s promise. The angels of God finally visited them and assured them that their long awaited blessing was on the way. Despite all the odds stacked against them physiologically, God’s purpose was established in their lives.
7. I speak the word of God to every family going through pains: the Almighty God will definitely visit you and settle you in Jesus’ Name.
8. There are some people in business who are already planning to close down their offices and outlets because of the situation of things.
9. I want you to know that your moment of refreshing is on the way.
10. Don’t quit, because the Almighty God will restore to you all that you have lost.
11. Today’s Bible reading narrates how Job lost everything he had, from his children to his investment. However, the scripture tells us that the Almighty God arose and blessed his latter end more than his beginning (Job 42:12).
12. I want to assure you that irrespective of how harsh the economic climate is, the Almighty God will sort you out in Jesus’ Name.
13. Also, there is hope for a nation. A closer look at all that is going on around the world would make anyone feel very uncomfortable. In 2nd Kings 6:24-7:1, the economy of Samaria was very bad due to a siege. All the technocrats had tried all they could but things got out of hand. At the peak of this adverse situation, the man of God prophesised that things would change suddenly. Those who understand global economic indices said that this was impossible. The Almighty God however performed His word as He had spoken it.
14. I announce to you that it is about to rain upon your life, family, career, business and nation in Jesus’ Name. God will intervene and put an end to your problem in Jesus’ Name.
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
“To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.. Colossians 1:27 NKJV. There is assurance of hope for every believer and considering today’s memory verse, weeping may endure for a night, victory is assured. It’s just unfortunate that many believers easily faint or weary before their time. Are you worried by the present circumstances surrounding your family? There is hope for you, all you need is to hold on to your faith in Christ Jesus. The Bible says: “And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.” Galatians 6:9 May God continually uphold and strengthen Pastor E.A Adeboye in Jesus name.
Father, let my joy begin now.
1. My faith looks up to thee,
thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day
be wholly thine!
2. May thy rich grace impart
strength to my fainting heart,
my zeal inspire!
As thou hast died for me,
O may my love to thee
pure, warm, and changeless be,
a living fire!
3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
and griefs around me spread,
be thou my guide;
bid darkness turn to day,
wipe sorrow’s tears away,
nor let me ever stray
from thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
when death’s cold, sullen stream
shall o’er me roll;
blest Savior, then in love,
fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
a ransomed soul!