Memorise: My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: Psalm 63:5
Read: Proverbs 19:23-24
23 The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
24 A slothful man hideth his hand in his bosom, and will not so much as bring it to his mouth again.
Bible in one year: Judges 12-14, Jeremiah 51:12-26
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. One of our benefits as the sheep of the Great Shepherd is the assurance of provision.
2. If you are a sheep of Jesus, you will definitely be fed and hunger will be alien to you. Psalm 37:3 says, “Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.”
3. If God has promised that we shall be fed, why then are some of us hungry and even starving today?
4. Several factors are responsible for this, first of which is that some people erroneously mistaken poverty for righteousness and wealth for sinfulness.
5. Some people have chosen to be poor so as to make Heaven. This is a fallacy! Do you know that so many poor people on earth, after suffering here, end up in Hell, whereas many believing Christians who were rich on earth continue to swim in eternal riches in Heaven? The choice is yours.
6. Do not choose what will destroy but what will deliver you. Abraham was rich on earth, died and continued to live in God’s abundance in Heaven.
7. What is your choice? If you are still holding onto such negative beliefs or stereotypes, then you need to have a change of mindset.
8. Also, some believers are hungry today because they have violated God’s financial principles.
9. For instance, if you are not faithfully paying your tithe, you are inviting devourers to drive you into hunger. If you fail to pay your first fruits, you will be giving the enemy legal grounds to contest your job, open doors or breakthrough, and this could lead to hunger. Similarly, when you eat up the seeds you are meant to sow after every provision that comes to you, you will lose the harvest that could keep you from starving tomorrow.
10. Some believers are in hunger as a result of reckless spending. They want to spend everything they have in one day. If you eat up a month’s provision in one week, you may have to spend the remaining weeks in hunger.
11. In addition, some believers do not really trust God but in the quality of their certificate, wisdom, knowledge and skill. This attitude has resulted in God stepping aside from their affairs in order to make them realise how little they can achieve by their limited strength. Hence, such people have ended up in disappointment and lack.
12. Beyond this, others are in hunger because of laziness, as they have refused to take up opportunities to gather wealth.
13. Lack and poverty may also be as a result of satanic manipulation and control.
14. Are you hungry? Is it caused by your actions or inactions?
15. Arise and put things in order today and turn away from hunger and lack!
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
Ignorance can be of great disadvantage to the ignorant one. It is God’s desire to see His children flourish and prosper in all things. Choosing poverty or lack is a total deprivation of self of our inheritance in Christ Jesus. For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9. Why then choose poverty when we have been freely blessed with riches? I pray we will embrace God’s love for us and not satan’s deceit in Jesus name. We pray that God will always empower Pastor E.A Adeboye for greater works in Jesus name.
The Child of a billionaire cannot be starving for what to eat. You are the child of the richest person in the universe. You should not lack any good thing.
There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!