Memorise: “We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.” 2 Corinthians 6:1
Read: Genesis 6:1-8
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
Bible in One Year: Exodus 20-21, Romans 7
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” Romans 3:23
2. When you consider the implication of the above verse of scripture, and compare it with the way God related with Noah in today’s Bible text, you will understand that Noah’s story is a classical example of the grace of God at work in someone’s life.
3. To help you realize the enormity of God’s grace and what it can do for you, consider that at the time when the entire world was condemned to destruction by divine verdict, Noah was spared because he enjoyed divine grace. Genesis 6:7-8 says: “And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.”
4. Having understood the enormity of God’s grace, the wise at heart will earnestly seek to be blessed by it. As the grace of God spoke for Noah, I pray that it will speak for you at the point of your inadequacies in Jesus’s Name.
5. Without God’s grace, no man can escape His judgement. This special grace of God is personified in Jesus Christ, God’s own Son (Titus 2:11).
6. He is calling everyone today to come and partake of God’s benevolent grace in the form of the salvation He makes available for all mankind.
7. Have you partaken of the grace of God available in Jesus Christ? If you haven’t what are you waiting for? Today is the day of salvation; remember that tomorrow may be too late (2 Corinthians 6:2).
8. If you have received God’s grace in Jesus Christ, please don’t take it for granted.
9. Our memory verse implores us not to receive the grace of God in vain. Noah did not waste God’s grace upon his life. He promptly acted on God’s instructions by building the ark according to His specifications(Genesis 6:13-22).
10. Are you living your Chrisitan life according to divine specifications, or are you living as if your own heaven will be different from that of the early disciples?
11. If you reject God’s grace after hearing that it is available for you, or you end up missing heaven, you would have wasted this great grace. What a great waste that would be!
12. I pray that this will not be your story in Jesus’ Name.
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
“Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” 2 Peter 1:2-4 Grace has been made available unto us through the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is why Hebrews 4:15-16 says “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” We are daily refreshed as we study the Open Heavens devotional. May God continually increase Pastor E.A Adeboye in Jesus name.
Father, in any area of my life Your grace is lying fallow or being wasted, open the eyes of my enlightenment to correct it in Jesus’ Name.
1. I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.
2. I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh.
3. I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
4. I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.
5. I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son.