OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1ST 2017- HOLD THE FORT
Memorise: And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. Luke 9:62
Read: Luke 9:61-62
61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Bible in one year: Psalm 81-88, Nahum 1
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. When you walk with God, not only must you be obedient, your obedience must also be complete.
2. From the story of how Elisha stuck with Elijah till the latter was taken up to heaven, we learn that until you obey to the very end, certain blessings may not be received, and certain promises may not be fulfilled by God (2nd Kings 2:1-15). This is very serious issue as it calls for endurance.
3. Would Elijah have been raptured if he had refused to go on to Jordan, after obeying God’s instructions to go to Bethel and Jericho, and after several years of obedience to God in ministry? I very much doubt it. Similarly, if Elisha had not served and followed Elijah till the very end, would he have received a double portion of the Spirit on his master? I don’t think so. “And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.” Matthew 10:22
4. Beloved, to get very special blessings or rewards from God, you must be ready to serve Him till you take your very last breath. You must pay your tithe, obey Him, win souls, worship Him, and follow peace with all men until your very last second on earth.
5. Heaven is not for those who run the marathon for years and give up just a little before the finish line; rather, it is for those who endure all things to the very end. “And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” Luke 9:62
6. In God’s Kingdom, there is no room for half measures. It is either you are following Him to the end or you are not following Him at all.
7. If you have decided to serve Him, Please don’t stop to look back! Looking back can disqualify you, rendering you unfit for God’s kingdom.
8. Today, it is rare to get a committed worker or minister like Elijah, who would be doggedly determined to reach his goal without being discouraged, distracted or disillusioned.
9. Have you turned aside from God’s calling on your life? Are you busy making excuses as to why you cannot obey God, saying “after all, God understands”? Sorry, God does not understand you going back on your commitments. He does not understand compromises. If you are in such a state, come out fast and hold the fort to the very end!
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
Strong finish requires right standing with God and rugged movement against distracting storms that can turn us back from the pathway of life. It is demanding yes and true but we should dare to stay through it all because crowns of glory awaits us. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Romans 8:18 We pray that may Go strengthen and equip Pastor E.A Adeboye for greater impact in Jesus name.
You cannot afford to stop your race to Heaven now, because you have put in so much to get to where you are today.
Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
Let them flow in endless praise.
Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for thee.
Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.