Memorise: Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 1st Corinthians 4:2
Read: Luke 16:1-8 (KJV)
1 And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
2 And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.
3 Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.
4 I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
5 So he called every one of his lord’s debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?
6 And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.
7 Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.
8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
Bible in one year: Exodus 4:1-6:13, Psalms 109:21-31
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. Faithfulness is another obligation that God requires of us as human beings and particularly as His children. God is faithful and He wants us to resemble Him with this attribute of faithfulness.
2. If the unfaithful servant could go to the extent he went in order to remain in service, why can’t the children of light go a greater extent to please our Father in heaven?
3. The conclusion of our Bible reading says: “And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely; for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.”
4. Another lesson we can learn from this story is that your upward movement to the next level is predicated upon how well you perform in your present level of operation.
5. Luke 16:11-12 says: “If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteousness mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man’s who shall give you that which is your own?”
6. Beloved, the Lord is interested in promoting you. As a matter of fact, your promotion is long overdue. I am happy to announce to you that this is your time, however, what are you doing with your present level of position?
7. Are you productive or you are hoarding your ideas so that you can have something to use when you come to a leadership position? You are just destroying and delaying your progress if this is your attitude.
8. To be faithful simply means to be full of faith. Do you have faith in the organisation you are working with? You will not be at your best if you don’t have faith in that organisation you work with?
9. Daniel was a typical faithful steward. This is how he survived four generations of rulers – Nebuchadnezzar, Darius, Cyrus and Belshazzar. The faithfulness of Mordecai saved the entire Jewish race during the reign of Ahasuerus. My prayer is that you will be highly favoured by the virtue of your faithfulness in Jesus’ name.
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
Proverbs 22:29 says:“Seest thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings he shall not stand before mean men.”
Diligence does not only bring greatness and grace to stand before kings, it also comes with great reward. There was no account of diligence in the scripture that was ignored or unrewarded.
If we take into account the parable of our Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 25:14-30, we will see that the servant that refused to be diligent with the talent given to him was thrown into outer darkness and the talent given to him was taken and added to the one with ten talent. This will not be our portion in Jesus name. The mind to be diligent in all God has put in our care and produce result is released unto us in Jesus name.
Father, I want to be faithful, please take away from me the spirit of unfaithfulness in Jesus’ name.
1 Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in endless praise,
let them flow in endless praise.
2 Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee,
swift and beautiful for thee.
3 Take my voice and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from thee,
filled with messages from thee.
4 Take my silver and my gold;
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as thou shalt choose,
every power as thou shalt choose.
5 Take my will and make it thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is thine own;
it shall be thy royal throne,
it shall be thy royal throne.
6 Take my love; my Lord, I pour
at thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for thee,
ever, only, all for thee.
Please follow and like us: