Memorise: Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. Revelation 2:20
Read: Revelation 2:18-23
Bible in one year: 1 Chronicles 21- 22, Acts 20:17-35
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. One deadly error in some quarters of the Christians faith is the doctrine of eternal security. Those advancing this doctrine use the Scriptures to convince their followers that once you are saved, you are forever saved, irrespective of the type of life you live after receiving salvation. It is therefore not surprising that in circles where this doctrine is taught, a loose lifestyle of sin is the norm. in order to appease the conscience of their followers, some modern day teachers of this doctrine have tried to repackage it be redefining what sin is. Some even teach that a Christian cannot sin. It is unfortunate that some people still fail for this old deception of the devil which resurges from time to time.
2. When you critically examine the life of those teaching this doctrine, you will observe that they themselves fell into the error of this falsehood because of secret sin in their lives which they could not overcome. Instead of humbly submitting themselves to God in an environment of accountability for their character to be built up, they proudly developed another “gospel” to justify themselves and deaden their conscience. The unfortunate thing is that several innocent souls who genuinely want to serve God end up being destroyed by these teachers. Because they see such teachers exhibiting the gifts of God, they believe that whatever is coming from their mouth is sanctioned by God. These beguiled souls forget that Romans 11:29 says:
“For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.”
3. Based on the principle established by this verse of scripture, a person who received the gifts of God’s Spirit while teaching the truth of the gospel will continue to manifest these gifts after they fall into the error of another “gospel”, even if it’s for a while. It is error for this very reason the Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 7:22-23 clearly said: “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
4. From the words of the Master Himself, it is obvious to any serious student of the Bible that the working of miracles or the manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit is not a wholesale stamp of approval by God. Therefore, beware! Any teaching not founded on the totality of the truth in God’s word should not be accepted, irrespective of the charisma of the teacher. When it is all said and done, you will stand alone to give account of your life before God.
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
It is obvious that in the body of Christ today that many believers have been misled and brainwashed with false doctrines. This illusion is worst that some believe that salvation is once regardless of wickedness you keep doing after been saved. They have ignored the truth in the word of God Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. It will be painful if at the end, so called prophets, apostles and many believers will not be worthy to stand before the Lord. May this never be our portion.
Minister the truth of God’s word to those who have been ensnared by the false doctrine of eternal security.
1. Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise
2. Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne
6. Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.