Memorise: Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people. Psalm 77:14
Read: Psalm 77:11-15
11 I will remember the works of the Lord: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.
12 I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.
13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?
14 Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people.
15 Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.
Bible in one year: Judges 17-18, Jeremiah 51:45-58
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. God is a wonder and He does great wonders. I pray that He will perform wonders in your own life, so that you can testify that you have experienced His wonder-working power, in Jesus’ Name.
2. Beyond this however, do you know that God can turn you into a wonder? For instance, look at the mad man of Gadara. He was so mad that all hope was lost concerning his recovery; but when Jesus touched his life, he was seen not only in his right senses, but also decently dressed and even evangelising the goodness of the Lord. Many people who saw him were amazed and had their doubts as to whether he was the same person who once terrorised the community (Mark 5:20). He became a wonder!
3. Lazarus, who had been dead for four days, also became a wonder and a tourist attraction after he was raised from the dead. John 12:9 says this about him: “Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Jesus’ sake only, but they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.”
4. Several years ago, during a particular Holy Ghost Service we held at the National Stadium, Surulere (Lagos), there was a man with a huge growth attached to his neck sitting beside a particular woman. The growth was so huge that it overshadowed his face. While the programme was on, the woman sitting beside him kept peeping at the protruding growth. During the sermon, the word of God came that there was someone in attendance with a huge growth around the neck and that it had gone. On hearing this, the woman sitting next to this man immediately turned to look at him and it was as if the growth suddenly grew wings, flew away and disappeared. This woman was so amazed at this wonder that after the programme was over, she had already trekked from the stadium to Palmgrove, a distance of about 5km, before she remembered that she had left her car parked in the parking lot inside the stadium.
5. When God turns you into a wonder, even sceptics will find it difficult to doubt your testimony because it will be so profound.
6. Also, your life will become a perpetual signpost for God’s Name to be glorified.
7. Are you in dire need of a miracle? Beyond that need, ask God to make you a living wonder for the glory of His Name.
8. This season, as the Lord turns you into a wonder, the same mouths that have mocked you and challenged your God will become the instruments for spreading your testimony and for reverencing your God!
9. Worship the Almighty God who alone can make you a wonder.
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
Our God is the way maker and extra ordinary strategist. He is still changing lives, making miracle spring forth from a mess and turning shame to glory. He is God above all and nothing is impossible with Him. May His name be praised forever. Amen. We bless God for the author of this devotional Pastor E.A Adeboye and we pray his ministry shall get glorious by each day in Jesus name.
Father, today, make me a positive wonder to my generation, so that they can come to know You.
The great Physician now is near,
The sympathizing Jesus;
He speaks the drooping heart to cheer,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus.
Sweetest note in seraph song,
Sweetest name on mortal tongue;
Sweetest carol ever sung,
Jesus, blessed Jesus.
Your many sins are all forgiv’n,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus;
Go on your way in peace to heav’n,
And wear a crown with Jesus.
All glory to the dying Lamb!
I now believe in Jesus;
I love the blessed Savior’s name,
I love the name of Jesus.
His name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
Oh, how my soul delights to hear
The charming name of Jesus.