Memorise: And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Revelation 22:12
Read: Matthew 25:14-23
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord’s money.
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Bible in one year: 1st Chronicles 11:12, Ezekiel 31:10-18
AS REVEALED BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE IN TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL
1. Christianity entails total submission to the will of God as revealed in His word.
2. A Christian must view God as the ultimate owner of everything, who decides to delegate and distribute a certain measure of His resources to each and every person, according to their ability, for the purpose of making profit.
3. In reality, all that we own isn’t really ours; they are blessings that have been graciously bestowed on us by the Lord (John 3:27).
4. For all that God has given to us, there’s an expectation that comes along with them.
5. The word “stewardship” summarises this arrangement.
6. A steward is a special servant employed to oversee and manage the affairs of a household according to the dictates of the owner. He or she is simply a servant who has been entrusted with the authority to make decisions on behalf of his or her master.
7. All purchases pertaining to the running of a household are made by the steward. Even some very important decisions are made by stewards. For example, Abraham entrusted his steward, Eliezer of Damascus, with the crucial responsibility of choosing a wife for his son Isaac (Genesis 24:2-4).
8. A true Christian operates under the same dynamics today.
9. As a steward over the heritage of God, you should be able to operate without supervision. Everything you do should be done as unto the Lord. You should make certain that the resources you are entrusted with are put to proper use for God and not for personal gain.
10. As God’s steward, you should do everything to ensure that the Lord’s resources are carefully deployed to accomplish His agenda.
11. A steward is a trustworthy ambassador that sometimes stands in the place of God to make decisions and take actions that could have far-reaching effects on people lives.
12. Christian stewardship is therefore an awesome responsibility that should be handled with utmost care. May you never mishandle your responsibility as a representative of the Almighty God in Jesus’ Name.
13. God has very important assignments He wants to execute in this world, and He has entrusted some of these into your hands. One of such assignments is the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20).
14. God has chosen you as His primary tool to accomplish this awesome task, and He has appointed and equipped you to carry His message of salvation to those who are lost in sin. You must therefore take up this responsibility and fulfil the heartbeat of God.
15. In conclusion, here in this world, there are innumerable benefits awaiting all obedient servants of God.
16. However, the most important reward for profitable stewardship is to be a guest of Jesus at His marriage supper, and to stand before God’s throne to receive commendation and the crown of life from the Master. You will make it in Jesus’ Name.
SHORT REFLECTION BY THE LIGHT POINTERS
Total submission and 100% obedience is what every believer who is a true steward should do to God’s will. Everything about our work on earth revolves around obeying God daily as we go by in our daily activities. We must channel all resources and effort to accomplish the task of heaven citizen and ambassador here on earth. May we never be a vessel unto dishonour in Jesus name. God bless and continually strength Pastor E.A Adeboye in Jesus name.
Father, help me to be worthy of the ultimate reward for profitable stewardship in Jesus’ Name.
1 Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in endless praise,
let them flow in endless praise.
2 Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee,
swift and beautiful for thee.
3 Take my voice and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from thee,
filled with messages from thee.
4 Take my silver and my gold;
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as thou shalt choose,
every power as thou shalt choose.
5 Take my will and make it thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is thine own;
it shall be thy royal throne,
it shall be thy royal throne.
6 Take my love; my Lord, I pour
at thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for thee,
ever, only, all for thee.